Help Centre

Help Informations

What kind of help do you need?

illustration of a telephone

Need Urgent Help or Support?

Medical emergencies

If you have a physical injury or are experiencing severe symptoms such as fever, pain, vomiting, bleeding, shortness of breath, or have taken an overdose, you should go to the nearest Accident & Emergency Department. From campus this is at the Royal Cornwall Hospital in Truro (TR1 3LQ). It might help to ask someone to come with you.

Mental health emergencies

If you are having suicidal thoughts and intend to act on them, please seek immediate help. Go to the local A&E department, if you can’t get there, call 999 and ask for an ambulance.

If you need an ambulance

On campus - call Glasney Lodge emergency line on 01326 254444, to ask them to call an ambulance.
Off campus - call 999

NHS services

Your GP (medical doctor) can be really helpful in signposting and coordinating support.

Call NHS 111 service if

  • you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency
  • you aren’t sure if you need to go to Accident & Emergency or another NHS urgent care service
  • you don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call
  • you need health information or reassurance about what to do next

If a health professional has given you a specific phone number to call when you are concerned about your condition, continue to use that number.

NHS Community Mental Health Team (24 hour switchboard)
01208 251300


If you are feeling unsafe or are worried about the safety of someone else, Papyrus operate a phone helpline between the following times:
Mon-Fri 10:00 am to 10:00 pm
Weekends 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Bank Holidays 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm
0800 468 4141


Anyone experiencing emotional distress can contact the Samaritans free at any time on 116123. You can also email them on